Thursday, February 24, 2011

New York State of Mind--and a huge side of Martha Stewart


I consider myself extremely lucky that I was able to get tickets for the Martha Stewart Puzzle show!!!!  I love Martha and I love PUZZLES!!!! 

Mr. P was very luck to be invited by me to attend (I like to think so), we made the trip a little getaway with getting a hotel room for one night!!!  It made being in New York so enjoyable, not having to worry about finding a clean bathroom!!!

I have to say I loved our night getaway, last year I went away for seven weeks in the whole year, and this year we are scaling down, finishing our house, and trying to pay of our debt!  So this one night away was reasonable, and an excellent mini vacation.

We got into town on Monday night (Mr. P had to work).  We took NJ transit as it was 60 dollars, vs the Amtrak price of two tickets of $400.00 (to me that is a plane ticket to some place warm)

We checked into the hotel (Hilton Garden Inn-Chelsea), and than went right out to walk to dinner.  It was supposed to snow/ice that night in Philly, but New York was perfect!  It was chilly and windy but it felt great to be outside, and get back to walking, oh how I miss walking!

Dinner was at the Tipsy Parson, read this review:  http://newyork.timeout.com/restaurants-bars/58322/tipsy-parson
I will post photos later, I want to get straight to Martha!!!

Outside where you wait in line!!

Joey Kola--Comedian/Warm up guy!

New Shows by Martha on the Hallmark Channel!!
Do you see her...this was after the show...i love martha!!!  I want to be martha!!!!

The show audience was filled with puzzle lovers and little Rubik's cube geniuses, it was so amazing..it aired on Tuesday...here are clips of the show:  


We got such great giveaways!!!  Did I say it was amazing!  I kept saying before we went up, I wonder if we would get a wooden puzzle??  AND WE DID!!! A gift certificate to get a free 75 piece wooden puzzle from elms!!!  


Has anyone ever done an Elm's puzzle???

We won other great stuff, I will share in another post!!

Now onto some great photos of the set:


The Greenhouse
 
The kitchen--Will Shortz is there before the show in a Crossword Puzzle shirt!

Martha with a giant Dot to Dot of herself

She took three questions from the audience



I just love MARTHA!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! What a treat! Love lil night getaways - they are fun to look forward to but don't break the bank!

    ReplyDelete