This weekend was fun filled with dinner Friday night at Fayette Street Grill with the G's
I loved my appetizer...Brie and Pear Quesadilla over Greens with Raspberry Habanero Sauce..now how could someone not love that...I left wondering how did they get the quesadilla so crunchy on the outside!! It seemed different than a Mexican quesadilla, this was golden brown and crunchy!
Saturday was Mr. P's annual Winter-een-mas, which is short for Video Game day! He unfortunately did not get crowned king this year, but he had a great time. I love hearing the stories of the day when he get's home. Each guy brings there own xbox and monitor, and they all play around the table against each other!!! Sounds like a gamers dream.
I stayed at home in the morning, and cleaned up the tile project in the master bathroom. And than headed to my parent's house to have lunch and make the Valentine's Day craft sample. I have to say it looks AMAZING..I am in love! I am so excited to show all of you. The big unveiling will be this week..
Than later that night it was a Girl's Night out Party, my friend had a spray tan company there, a spa company, and she had her Stella and Dot out! I love the Jewelry!
Now, I am not to keen on putting different products on my body, so I just tried the foot cream. You place it on your foot, and than cover your foot with a new plastic bag, and put socks over it. Wow the one cream really heated up. It kind of reminded me of the cream, I used to buy from Bath and Body works that they discontinued.
Yesterday, was a clean up day. In my opinion, I feel that my home has been influx since we got married. We lived in an apartment at first that could only fit so much, than we moved into our house, and immediately decided to fix up the master bathroom/bedroom, well three years later, we are not done, but getting very close to the end!
I am getting ready and anxious everyday to move in to my house! This means I got to sit in front of my below fireplace and go through box after box, from room after room!
YAY!!! My dad and his building manager Mr. P have worked so hard, I love it :)
Well on to the recipe!!
After the quesadilla I was really craving brie, I was thinking of making a brie savory cheese cake, but I did not have enough time, so I figured let me try something simple, and get to use some of my marmalade.
1 Small wheel of brie
4 Gingersnap Cookies
Jam/Jelly/Marmalade of your choice
2 Packages of the Phyllo Dough Cups (They seem to sell 15 in a box)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. You want to remove the rind off of the brie, I used a vegetable peeler, it worked out great, and I saved the rind for scrambled eggs the next morning
4. Place a 1/4 tsp of the crushed Gingersnap in the bottom of each phyllo cup, and enough brie to cover up the gingersnap. You will have to cut the brie into little pieces. From the below photos, you can still see some Gingersnap, however you would want to place more brie in your cups than I did!
6. Pull out of the oven, and place 1/4 tsp of your favorite jam/jelly/marmalade, I used my homemade Vanilla Bean Blood Orange Marmalade. Place this in the oven until until the marmalade melts, about another 3 minutes.
7. Cool on wire racks, now I placed caramelized pecans on top, but I think this takes away from the recipe, on the second set of 15 I did not put the pecans on top.
8. However you do need to sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top this melded all of the tastes together!