Sunday, November 28, 2010

Miami for Thanksgiving-Day 1

Mr. P and I jetsetted to Miami for Thanksgiving, to spend the holidays with his family.  It was beautiful, the trees were green, and not bare and brown.  The sun was shinning and the sky was blue compared to a grey sky.  You can wear flip-flops and not spend the time trying to find your warm socks and your warmest shoes.



This was our first time spending Thanksgiving with my husband's family.  I was excited to see how other families celebrate Thanksgiving.

We traveled from Tuesday to Friday, which I have to say was splendidly wonderful.  Our flight was empty on the way there, we had the three seats to ourselves.  This started the trip out right. 

We picked our car up at Hertz-a Camry hybrid.  Very nice, quiet, however a small trunk.  We were thinking of purchasing one, however the trunk is probably to small for us.  Our four days of luggage did not even all fit in the trunk.  Yes, I pack a lot.

Next we were off to our Hotel.  We try to stay at Four Season's if they are in the city we are traveling to.  Also, at this specific Four Seasons they have a deal with buy two nights, get the third night free.


Another perk of staying at the Four Seasons is you know the food will always be good! 
Also, we were able to check in at 11:00 am which was great!
Mr. P and I were so excited for our next stop, Jaguar in Coconut Grove.  The description of the restaurant is:  Ceviche Spoon Bar & Latam Bar.
We had been talking about going here as soon as we land for the last couple of months!

They start out with tortilla chips, pita chips, and plantain chips.  With this delicious red pepper dipping sauce:


Surprisingly, Mr. P wanted me to order for him:  We each got the ceviche spoon sampler.


This is so good!!!  And not just even good, amazing.  We have tried to visit many different restaurants in the Philadelphia area trying to find ceviche this good and have been unsuccessful.  Is it bad that we want to be able to have dinner in Miami once a month to eat this delicious ceviche!

Please go to this restaurant, you will love it:
http://www.jaguarspot.com/

Mr. P did not know this at the time, but I wanted to explore Miami Beach to find a good spot to visit the beach later on during the trip.

In the book, a 1,000 places to see before you die, it suggests Joe's Stone's Crab Place.  I had in my plan, ceviche at Jaguar, and than Stone Crabs at Joe's.  This did not work out, as we also ordered entrees.  I got the Manchego Cheese Quesadilla's, and Mr. P, the Pibil, which was the best choice.  I love the vinegar onions.  I need to find this recipe!

However, we got a photo: 


Next time, I want to have a Stone Crab Claw with a big piece of Key Lime Pie! 

Right near Joe's is a great parking area, and a pretty park:  South Pointe Park.  We got out and walked the path, and than walked the beach.  We saw a photo shoot, and our beach spot.






There was a photo shoot going on at the spot I deemed our perfect beach location.  However, I knew I would get back at some point during this trip!

After going for a two hour walk, we drove down Collins Avenue, and passed the numerous hotels, restaurants, and enjoyed the warm weather.

Look at these cute pink snails:


We kept looking for the Fontainebleau, and we found it!


After doing this drive, I realized why I love staying on Brickell Avenue.  Quiet as it is not too touristy, a lot of businesses.

That night we met up with my mother in law and sister in law, went to this great, french restaurant. 

I got the mussels, Delicious.  Mr. P's family loves France, and I mean loves Paris, so this restaurant must be really good.



After day 1, I realized there are some recipes I need to try to experiment with: 
1. Ceviche
2. Pickled Red Onions
3. Pibil
4.  Red Pepper Dipping sauce

Anyone have these recipes to share???

No comments:

Post a Comment