Thursday, November 4, 2010

Who knew?

I must admit I had no idea how delicious beets were untill last year.

I was introduced to them by Pennypack Farm CSA.  I have been a member here for about 5 years (with skipping one year in the mix)

http://www.pennypackfarm.org/CSA/Pennypack-Farm-s-CSA/90/

As a share member you normally can get one bunch of small, tender, delicious beets, and I am always wanting more.

BEFORE


They are so easy to make:

1.  Preset the oven to:  400 degrees.
2.  Remove the tops
3.  Wash the beets
4.  Place them in a roasting pan and sprinkle olive oil, salt, and pepper.
5.  I cook them for about an hour until they are fork tender.
6.  Let them sit for about 20 minutes.
7.  Use a paper towel to remove the skin, it should come off very easily if the beets are still warm.  I have notice that if you let the beets cool too much the skin does not come off so easily.

Enjoy!

AFTER




Helpful hints:  Place on foil, it will make your clean up easier, or I usually have Mr. P do my clean up, so that is always easier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment