I was introduced to them by Pennypack Farm CSA. I have been a member here for about 5 years (with skipping one year in the mix)
As a share member you normally can get one bunch of small, tender, delicious beets, and I am always wanting more.
They are so easy to make:
1. Preset the oven to: 400 degrees.
2. Remove the tops
3. Wash the beets
4. Place them in a roasting pan and sprinkle olive oil, salt, and pepper.
5. I cook them for about an hour until they are fork tender.
6. Let them sit for about 20 minutes.
7. Use a paper towel to remove the skin, it should come off very easily if the beets are still warm. I have notice that if you let the beets cool too much the skin does not come off so easily.
Helpful hints: Place on foil, it will make your clean up easier, or I usually have Mr. P do my clean up, so that is always easier!!